I had a selection of polka dot papers so I just used these. I love me some polka dots!
This is the darker yellow paper with 'marmalade' Tim Holtz coloured roses. The yellow colour I have simply wouldn't have shown up but I love the splash of orange this gives against the yellow background.
This is the multi-coloured mini polka dot version. I could've used red or yellow for my roses but I lean towards blue for some reason?? I might try this one with red next time though as the red on red works but was a bit dark. I might like a bright splash of red against a lighter background next time.
And my all time favourite colour combo was the teal blue! This is the one I'd probably pick if I was buying this in a store.
In these shots you can see how the back of the bag sticks up that 1/2" in the back (see earlier post for template idea). Once inside; my postcard stuck out about 1/4" at the top and I debated about stapling a ribbon tab to the postcard but it peeks out just far enough to get a grip on it to pull it out.
If anyone's interested my finished size paper bag (front measurement) is 5 5/8" x 4" and my postcard finished size is 5 3/4" x 3 7/8". The designer paper on the front of the postcard is cut so that there is a 1/4" border on all four sides.
And for those of you lucky enough to have the postacrd set can you just imagine how cute it would be to add a paper bag to the mini postcard? To make them up out of good quality brown wrap with a kraft coloured Christmas postcard in and tied onto the package with twine - how cute would that look? Perfect for tucking a gift card into as well. I might have to try that with my holly and mistletoe stamps next year.
When I gifted a few of these recently I tied them up with a thin vintage lace ending in a bow at the top edge. It finished them off perfectly and who doesn't like a gift of a pretty bit of reusable wrapping?
Enjoy
Suezie




1 comment:
This is my first visit to your lovely blog. I found you through Pinterest and have discovered that I'm quite a fan of yours. These little postcard sacks are just darling as is much of your work! I'm so happy to have found your blog and look forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations. Off to see more now!
Post a Comment