Saturday, 6 December 2014

Sweet Little Christmas Cards

Folks I'm a great believer in small being beautiful, all things come in small packages - that kinda thing and I adore mini cards.

Sticking with the kraft coloured theme which seems to inspire me so much this year I came up with the sweet little card.

 
Mass producing cards gets a bit much after a while so this years card has been kept pretty simple.  I love CAS styling but I just can't do it - my versions always end up way busier but for me this is CAS.  It's almost a single layer except for the sentiment banner.
 
Apologies for the glare.  Sometimes I take pictures in a hurry at the worst possible moment in the day like on the kitchen counter in the evening when the lighting isn't great!  A photographer I am not I'm afraid and any great shots I've ever managed to get of the grandkids are simply fluke.  Though I'm very grateful for fluke shots. LOL!

 
I did two styles of opening - one opening upwards and one to the left.  I like a card that opens upwards but some people don't so I make both and then try to decide who might like which kind - funny huh?  I don't know why I can't make them all the same.  I guess I like choices.
 
This little WMS sprig stamp comes out again and again and is so easy to use for any and all occasions that I just love it.  I sent a few of these cards and the bits to make them up to a friend who I knew had the sprig stamp set so she could make a few as she recovers from surgery and she was thrilled to have another idea to use her stamps.  I never tire of this leaf design.
 
This particular sentiment was chosen cos it wasn't too large to go across the card and leave a bit of space to admire the 'V' shapped bunting strip.  I cut this out using my envelope board, same as for tails of a bow - boy did this make the task quicker and easier!  I'm sure if I had time to play more with the board I'd discover more but instead I've googled it and pinned a whole bunch of ideas.  Someone else has already done the hard work so why bother.
 
And just in case you hadn't noticed.  That red checkered paper bag I'm saving that I told you about?  Well this is it.  It's already lost a bit off the top on a project so what's left has become more precious so I'm saving it for just the right package or project.
 
I love packaging, love recycling, upcycling - whatever name you want to give it but making something new and giving it new life or a whole different one just amazes me.  One man's trash is another man's treasure!
 
I have a couple more posts but hubby and I are about to have lunch and then hit the shops.  I was kinda hopin he'd cook me lunch whilst I blogged but that ain't happ'nin any time soon so my other posts will have to wait a while. Oh and apologies for the waffle!
 
Enjoy!
 
Suezie

No comments: