Inside what I thought was a bog standard white padded envelope from someone familiar was something a little different to what I'm used to getting. It was a brown paper package, tied up with string! I did think the envelope was a bit large for what I thought should've been inside.
And I love the vintage tag that was attached to the front. I'd seen this tag already but it was such a thrill to see it up close and for real. That's a phrase I use a lot I know but it's kinda like a dress. You know how often times a dress looks way better on than it does on the hanger? Well seeing something in a photo and then seeing it up close and for real is kinda like the same. There really is a massive difference.
Better still was the handwritten note on the reverse of the tag - a hand stamped tag to boot. I love a personal touch because it turns something regular, kinda every day into something special and wonderful. It's like the difference between getting a card for your birthday and then getting a card with a letter in it. It means so much more somehow because the person sending it took the time and effort to 'add' a little extra thought to it for you.
I was thrilled to get it. I am considering it my first Christmas pressie of the year. I did consider not opening it - for all of several seconds. I even considered opening it and then re-wrapping it up so I could stick it under the tree but then said 'nah!' But I get to keep this little note whcih is super sweet to remember my brown paper package tied up with string by. That'll do me thanks.
Hugs to 'you know who'. And to everyone else out there too - I hope you all get at least one pretty package with something you really want in it this Christmas!
Suezie



No comments:
Post a Comment