I made up a dozen of these and used the baby bottle tags I made to finish them off to match the theme. I had some lovely glassine bags that I knew would be perfect fo these little treat bags and I had been moving them from one spot to another over the past couple of months. Finally I told myself I'd put them in a safe place ready for baby shower projects and could I find them? Could I heck!!!!
Instead as I was quickly running out of time I hunted down some small plastic bags that would do.
Granted they weren't terribly pretty and took away some of the surprise element plus there was a big white square plastered on the reverse but I was desperate at this point. I decided to do my best to hide as much of the white square as I could and actually used it to write 'thanks' on each one.
Whadda ya wanna bet I find them glassine bags over the weekend and then kick myself for not looking there? It's pretty much a given I reckon!
I would've loved to have had some blue sweets and I did manage to find blue Bon Bons which were raspberry flavoured and scrummy but I decided it was more economical to go with the Smarties.
There were just £1 per tube so I bought 3 tubes. I actually weighed them out, divided it by the number I needed and then weighed exactly 37 grams into each bag. How sad do I sound? LOL!
My jam making funnel came in super handy for getting them into the little bags which were probably 3" x 4" plus it meant I didn't have to handle the candy - just pour it from the tube into a bowl and then from the bowl into the bag.
I did buy a bag of blue Bon Bons and even got a bag of pink Bon Bons but I gave these as team prizes for playing and winning games. And of course since nobody really loses the winning team which were the blues got the blue Bon Bons and the 2nd best team got the pink Bon Bons. Everyone wins in my book LOL!
Blessings
Suezie



No comments:
Post a Comment