My vision is beginning to improve but still slightly blurry so my stamping on white card wasn't always brilliant. I knew I had some 'kraft' coloured cardstock upstairs so I grabbed it and my favourite 'go to' Tim Holtz distress inks and got busy stamping.
Because they're distress inks they don't always give that perfectly stamped image which was fine. It was exactly the look I was after.
I used some really bright colours too - barn door red, broken china blue and peeled paint green and when stamped onto the kraft coloured card they toned down beautifully and took on a kind of vintage look which I was thrilled with.
Since I was dragging out older stamp sets I grabbed this StampinUp! tag stamp that I'm almost ashamed to say I've never used. I bought it to go with the SU tag punch that I use constantly - I just never use the set of 4 co-ordinating stamps. I will absolutely be using this stamp again cos I just loved the way it allowed me to create coloured distressed tags to perfectly match my project.
And this was the finished tag which has a whole bunch of 3D goin on. I even used a pair of decorative scissors with a 'cloud' scalloped edge to make cutting out the small stamped holly leaves super quick and really accurate. I also used it to cut out the scalloped corners of the tag too though I'm really curious to know if the new pretty shape die from WMS fits this stamp. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait for Mr Postie to find out. All I know is if I'd had to cut it all out by hand it would've taken ages and wouldn't have been anywhere near as neat.
On the reverse of the tags I added dotted lines from a WMS gardening stamp set (name escapes me) and then a sweet little 'for & from' from a different set again. Claire always tucks in as many little extra stamps as she can so I have plenty of choice.
What actually started me crafting today was a set of tags stamped onto book pages that I pinned. I knew immediately that they'd look great on music sheet paper and I happened to pick up a book of Christmas Carols sheet music last year in a charity shop. It was whilst playing around casing these (although I made mine way more detailed and in colour) that I later went on to create the 'goodwill' tags.
It felt really good to be doing something even if it did make my eye hurt a little after a while. And anyhow, now I've made a start on some Christmas crafting. I plan to use plain ol' kraft brown wrapping paper for my gifts this year and just dress em up with my tags, twine, paper bows, Christmas die-cuts and doilies.
Anyone else started their Christmas crafting yet? It's almost November! I'm probably way behind everyone else this year huh?
Enjoy
Hugs
Suezie





1 comment:
Love these! What is the name of the WMS set that you started with in the first photo? Love that tag!
Post a Comment