The study is from a book by Kay Arthur and is called 'Lord, Where Are You When Bad Things Happen?'. I can't go into details but I know I am meant to be doing this study and incredibly it's as though God has given me the time I need to do it and even enabled me to have to 'sit still' long enough to get into His Word. Hopefully this afternoon I can cosy up and read some more.
All I can say is that whilst Kay's methods take a bit of getting used to at first (inductive study) she opens up the scriptures in a whole new way and I have been able to read my Bible with an understanding like never before. God has really spoken into my heart whilst I've been home recovering. This makes this time not only one of revelation and discovery but I have not had even the slightest touch of depression this time around - something that has plagued me with previous boughts of Labyrinthitis. Let's just say I can really feel for those who are 'shut in' all day long and unable to get themselves out and about. Who wouldn't be depressed!
Anyhow I highly recommend getting one of her many books from Precept Ministries and giving it a go. On a personal level I'd really like to do the 'Lord, Teach Me To Study Your Bible' study next.
One of the things Kay does is point you back to scripture and is big on 'memory verses' so I needed a way to learn to remember them. The book is broken down into chapters which are then broken down by days of the week. The idea is to do a bit of study each day with simple exercises along the way. At the end of each chapter are discussion questions to see what you've learnt and also a verse of scripture to memorise - the idea being you'll have a whole handful of useful verses by the end of the book.
I cannot stress the importance for Christians to know and understand God's Word and also to have scripture to hand to recall when situations arise. God's Word is a sword; one that enables us to go on the attack when the enemy comes against us; therefore the more of God's Word we know and understand, the stronger our sword - so to speak. If you've ever read Ephesians 6:10-20 (or remember it from your Sunday school days) where the armour of God is described you'll know what I mean.
Anyhow the first memory verse was 'Open my eyes that I may behold wonderful things from Thy law' Psalm 119:18. And since I start my study session praying through this verse I can see just how important this one is. I must be getting it because I just typed it without looking (Yay me!) so the first one's memorised - only another 9 to go LOL! There are 10 chapters in the book so there'll be at least 10 verses and probably a few more here and there.
I didn't have a stamp for this verse so I used the computer to quickly print up a couple of sheets of card stock and then trimmed each sheet into 5 strips, stamped up something simple to pretty them up and gave one to each of the other girls who are also studying this book. For the next verse (which is a bit longer) I'm hoping to do a fridge magnet. And since these would be cool laminated I think I might just have to do some for Caring For Life for the next package. I guess I'd best get me a laminator then huh?
Well that's enough computer for today I think - the rest of my posts will have to wait until tomorrow.
Hugs & Blessings
Suezie



No comments:
Post a Comment