To cheer myself up a bit I ordered some new stamps from Verve whilst I've been off sick and with the help of a friend I was able to mass produce some super simple and super quick 'CAS' cards to send off to Debs for Caring For Life. I am already over the amount I sent last year and it would be so cool if I could double (or even triple) that amount next year.
I decided this time it would be fun to stamp up the padded envelope and even stamped one of the scripture verses up in the upper left hand corner - I love packages and can't see why it can't be a pretty one huh?
I am so glad I decided to go ahead and get this 'Grace' stamp. I love that the word 'grace' is in a much larger font and that it's a quote rather than a verse, making it ideal for any use.
These cards come together in a matter of minutes and I am determined to do a workshop with this mini set at some point.
I love that they're single layer cards too meaning much less fuss and bother which is how I can make up 20 or 30 at a time and I love mixing up the colour combos too.
This Tim Holtz blue/grey distress ink on the left is a gorgeous colour and has to be one of my favourites so far along with the red.
Well I'm keeping my posts short since I'm not taking any chances. I can feel the pressure building up in my ears so I'm gonna take it gently and slowly this week and hopefully should be able to get back to work some time next week.
This time it's only lasted 6 weeks which is the shortest time ever! That gives me hope that I will either no longer suffer with it or it will be so super mild at the next attack I can probably work through it. I have suffered with Labyrinthitis for 3 years now and 3 episodes lasting 6 months, 4 months and now 6 weeks. Since it can be caused by an inner ear virus (which is what my doc thinks caused mine) I'm still not convinced I didn't pick it up on the aeroplane when we went back for Mom's funeral. I guess 'how I got it' doesn't really matter - what does is that my body seems to be gradually dealing with it and should eventually eradicate it altogether at some point.
Let's just say there's finally a light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel!
Next up on the card making front will have to be Christmas cards I think but one step at a time :-)
Enjoy
Blessings
Suezie





No comments:
Post a Comment