Sunday, 29 September 2013

Been Crafting, Just not Posting!

Over the past few weeks I've been crafting but cos I'm super busy with other things I've just not had the time to post my efforts.  Let me remedy that!

 
First up I got together with a few of my girlies to catch up on some crafting and whilst I was never into jewellery making I got in on the fringes of it to make up a bunch of beaded book marks.  I love how the chains just sit right into the spine of the pages and then there are pretty beads hanging out on either end.
 
I had forgotten I had this desk top cork board easel until I went looking for a way to display these so I could get a good look at them all.

 
Here's a close up shot of some of the beading.  Several of these are just necklaces taken apart and a few have been beaded up from scratch.  Either way this is a great recycle project because you can use old necklaces and if they happen to have a length of chain to them then even better.  With the ones with long enough chain all you have to do is leave a few of the beads on one end, clip the chain to the size you want and rewire and add afew beads to the other end - simples!
 
I had wanted to keep the pretty blue inted heart one for myself but ended up letting it go to a lovely lady at church.  I think I paid a round pound for the necklace at a car boot sale and it was absolutely loaded with pretty beads so I've since managed to make myself another blue one - not quite so pretty but that's okay.  Most of these are going to be given away anyhow.
 
Enjoy
 
Suezie

No comments: