Sunday, 29 September 2013

A Bit of Card Making

Over the years I've made no secret of the fact that I struggle to do 'clean & simple (CAS) cards but gradually, gradually as I create more and more cards for charity - in particular because I have to mass produce in a short space of time - I am learning how to do CAS.  Cards are quicker, easier and cheaper to whip up when there is less involved and if much of what is involved is produced with some simple stamping.

 
I wanted to get these made up and into the post in a hurry so I kept them almost one layer, except for the text and a few 3D flowers.  A simple bit of punching with a larger corner rounder - I inherited Mom's MS punch and use it all the time - creates a nice extra bit of interest.

 
I love dragging out several sets when I'm looking for various sentiments and quotes to stamps up plus I love playing around with colour combinations too.

 
This is one of Waltzing Mouses mini stamp sets so it's really quite incredible just what you can achieve with less than £4 huh?  I just love these mini sets and I am determined to do a workshop with one so everyone can have their own mini set to take home to play with.

 
I thought you'd appreciate seeing a close up shot because that way you can see how I used the same colour ink pad to 'edge' my scripture block.  I just love the idea of grey leaves as opposed to the usual green.  I didn't get around to 'pink & grey' but what a fab colour combo would that be!

 
These were pre-purchased card blanks in a mini 4" x 4" square size with matching envelopes plus I had to purchase special sized bags to pop them into so having most of the elements stamped and keeping this cost down means I can spend my money on other things like card blanks, bags and postage when I send them off to Debs at Caring For Life.
 
I have a few more cards to post but after a busy weekend taking the boys out and about - we had them stay for the weekend and did Languard Fort yesterday and Monster Trucks today, plus we picked raspberries, blackberries and apples today - I am overdue some down time.  I had 3 small batches of jam complete made up and jarred in less than 3 hours of picking would you believe?  X-Factor has just started and then it's Downton Abbey so it's a major sit down I think.  Tomorrow I'm off work and having a girlie days with both my daughters - that should be a busy day too!
 
Blessings
 
Suezie

No comments: