And just in case you were interested in going yourself next year here are the dates.
This post is likely to be a bit top heavy on photos but I'm sure you won't mind that. I had never been to this event before so had no idea what to expect.
There were of course lots of very beautiful quilts but there were also 'no photo' signs everywhere and 'please respect the designers' here and there but every now and then there were items on display in areas where there seemed to be no restrictions. The above coat was in one such area. It's made from sheer fabric with pattern pieces sandwiched in between. It's just a bit of artistic fun but I liked it's creativity and design.
I liked these too - scrumptious fabric desserts! I just love the strawberry pavlova one.
And here are Rosina and Amanda admiring the many lovely projects on this stand. Amanda was particularly taken with the pink and green patchwork bag. There were so many lovely projects to look at and if money was no object - you could easily have bought half the fabric there - it was all so yummy and such beautiful colours and patterns too.
The whole day was just a pure feast for the eyes and I was sooooo inspired to rush back home and sew. I didn't. I had been so excited last night that I hardly slept a wink and I am feeling pretty dozy even as I type this so I won't be long if I can help it and then I'll toddle off to 'Bed'fordshire. I have work tomorrow so I need my sleep. Hubby came back from camp completely shattered so he's already there lol!
You can just about make out Amanda (pink top) in this shot too. Bunting seemed to be absolutely everywhere which was fine by me - I love any excuse to get my own bunting out and hang it up cos I think it's just way too pretty to keep tucked away and there were some very fine examples today I can tell you.
I think one of my favourites has to be this Union Jack bunting by Mandy Shaw. I soooo want to make something using this Union Jack design - a cushion, bag, maybe even bunting but I like the idea of using pastels which I think would be super pretty. Needless to say I was inspired by this project.
There were lots of buttons, ribbons and other trims on offer as well today. These were mostly quite pricey I have to say but I did pick up some 'measuring tape' ribbon which I thought would look cute on a card with a 'sewing' theme plus I picked up some really nice printed labels for my handmade gifts. They read....
- Material Girl
- Sew a Little Happiness
- Sew Special
- Stitched with Love
I picked each one out based on the person I was going to make projects for and they were only .50p each which I thought was quite reasonable.
There was so much to drool over and I could've had any number of these pretty ribbons.
Rosina picked up the pattern and fabric to make this 'oh so cute' little fabric pail (with a little help of course).
Amanda picked up one of Mandy Shaw's books. She was such a friendly lady with some fabby things on her stand and she was even nice enough to autograph Amanda's book! How sweet was that?
She had a wonderful style and I don't think there was anything on her stand that I didn't like. Her work was just stunning and soooo adorable.
And finally this was my stash from the day. I could easily have bought much more and when I got home and looked at this I did wonder why I hadn't bought more - but then I was buying with various people in mind so I'm happy with what I purchased. The bright pink selection is part of a 'fat quarter' pack. In fact we all bought one of these, each with different colours and patterns and now I have to teach the girlies how to make a rag quilted bag. I can't wait to see how they all look once they're made up. I promise I will share a picture - just as soon as we can all get together and get them made.
All that's left to say is that I thoroughly enjoyed my day today and seeing all these fab projects has really inspired me. I soooooo have to get my sewing classes off the ground too. Hope you enjoy!
Below are just a few web links from today that you might like to check out:-
Blessings
Suezie













No comments:
Post a Comment