It's been way longer since I posted anything. There was just so much going on in the run up to our trip and quite a bit on the other side too.
Hubby underwent back surgery 3 days after landing - which still amazes me even thinking about it but he is recovering a little more each day. In fact we say 'every day is a day closer to recovery' and it keeps us going. Time to heal is really all he needs now.
There is so much I could share and way morfe that I'd like to share but I don't have the time or space and I don't know just how interested anyone is in our vacation piccies. We had the opportunity to go somewhere different this trip around. We always knew we would never go anywhere other than Idaho untill Mom was no longer with us and we prayed hard and saved hard and somehow managed to afford to do both! It was for us a dream vacation.
When we decided to go see some very dear friends and then the date got changed because of a family wedding we had no idea we'd end up at their summer house in Maine. I was secretly thrilled as I didn't fancy visiting them in Florida in August
They lived on a little place callede 'Deer Isle' and this brodge was the only link to the mainland. It was way less scary than I first imagined.
We were surrounded by charm and Americana which is just as I'd hoped so it didn't disappoint.
Everywhere we went was beautiful and just oozing charm and yep, we did that weird thing over there that many Americans do here and snapped up pictures of stuff that they think of as perfectly ordinary but that we are just delighted with. Whenever Mom came to stay we'd pull over now and then so she could take pictures of thatched cottages. When we went there I'd take pictures of pretty white washed churches and painted houses.
Maine was surrounded by water so there was a stunning view just waiting around every turn. This was taken at one of our hosts friends lake when they invited us over for a BBQ lunch. Paul and Michelle were a really sweet couple.
Their log cabin home was set in 85 acres of beautiful surroundings with their own lake and wild blueberry bushes growing everywhere. In fact Maine was littered with wild blueberry bushes and people just stopped and picked them all the time. Who knew?
This was just the little place they called 'camp' which was no far from their cabin home. We carried our picnic and burgers and BBQ'd them on the deck before going down to the lake afterwards.
If there was one thing that Maine did well it was hospitality. Just about EVERYONE was so warm and friendly that it really made our trip all the more special.
I apologise but I have a few more to share yet and then a bit of crafty posting to follow.






No comments:
Post a Comment