I made my first project a while ago now so I'd be ready in time but then I decided today when I got home to enter a second challenge and got distracted crafting this evening.
Anyhow here's the first post which is for Challenge 2 - Surprise Him!
I am still playing around making my own paper bags and this time I made one using brown wrapping paper on the roll. I featured my homemade pattern a few posts back for anyone that's interested.
I grabbed a couple fo WMS western sets and got to work stamping up the bag in a dark denim ink.
This would make really cute wrap doen up in a large sheet so I may do this again. I also stamped up a bunch of different elements to decorate the bag with. I love that everything co-ordinates so well when you use complimenting stamp sets.
Here's a close up shot of the top of the bag layered up with a red bunting strip, blue pennant, birthday tag and a Sheriff star badge to boot.
I arranged everything so I could keep the bottom right corner visable. And it is for a BIG day too - hubby is turning 60 on Tuesday and I wanted something to put his birthday surprise into to tuck inside his card.
So this is the surprise element - dollars! We are making a trip back home this year and had intended to go for his 60th as a nice treat but our niece announced she was getting married in August so we decided to postpone it until then.
Hubby doesn't really know what he wants so the kids and I are giving him dollars to spend once we get back home. I'm sure he can find something he wants and will really enjoy spending it.
Enjoy!
Suezie






2 comments:
SUPER bag Suezie! yep I will be checking out your bag template! So glad you made it - I'm just about to draw! good luck!
This is a great idea for money or a gift card. Well done. And congratulations on winning the prize draw, too!
Post a Comment