Friday, 20 February 2015

Birthday Cuppa!

I celebrated my  birthday this month and as always I treat myself to time off work.  I don't really want to have to work on my birthday and I always have a few days annual leave to use up this time of year so I book off a few days in a row, including a weekend and have a long break to myself to catch up on thiings I want to do.

We don't make too much fuss over birthdays in our house except for maybe having the family gather together to share a meal or cake and icecream.  What's more better than time spent with loved ones?

Anyhow this is what greated me when I came down stairs into the kitchen on the morning of my birthday.



Hubby had already gone off to work but he had left me a little something as a surprise for when I woke up. Yep! He's a keeper LOL.

We had been out and about a few days earlier and I had seen these red polka dot mugs.  I remarked that my Cath Kidston mugs were really too big AND I wanted to replace them with new ones AND I love polka dots AND red is my favourite colour AND these were a perfect shape and size AND they'd look really cute in the kitchen AND, AND, AND.......

You get the picture huh?

 
Well at some point over the next couple of days he must've snuck out and picked up half a dozen and even a card to go with them.
 
So the CK mugs were nabbed by our youngest daughter for work (much to our older daughter's digust cos she wanted them for herself) but hey you gotta be there when it's being tossed out.  The new mugs took pride of place wherte the old ones had been and have been used continually ever since.
 
I had a few other nice surprises like an unexpected win on a couple of scratch cards - £12 which I enjoyed spending in the Oxfam book store when I grabbed a couple of books including a Kay Arthur study book entitled 'Lord Only You Can Change Me'.  I am just about finished woth the one I'm on now so the timing couldn't be any better and I was chuffed to bits.
 
And then when I git back to work on the Monday I had all kinds of cards and goodies waiting on my desk so it was like having a birthday all over again!  I still have flowers blooming on my desk which I've really enjoyed over the past couple of weeks.
 
And so that's my birthday done for another year.  Mother's Day is just around the corner as is a new release from Waltzing Mouse so I might have to drop a big hint and see what happens huh? LOL!
 
Hugs
 
Suezie

No comments: