Sunday, 20 April 2014

Easter Treats

It's hard when you're poorly with a chesty cough and cold to muster up much energy to get seasonal crafting done.  Even the thought of a cholcolate egg can't tempt me into a burst of energy right now LOL!  I must be ill huh?

This is as much as I have managed to do for the grand kids this year.  I was determined NOT to buy chocolate eggs.  Not only is it getting expensive now but I'm disgusted at the prices of eggs in the store si this year I'm digging in my heels a bit in protest.  Besides I happen to know Mummy got them eggs so they didn't miss out completely.

 
I cheated and used one of my 'disposable piping bags' and filled it woth some orange candy coated mini chocolate eggs I stumbled across several weeks ago.  I had in mind to do them a carrot each but one giant one seemed so much easier right now.

 
I couldn't quite figure out how to make the top green.  My idea had been to ruffle some green crepe paper into a cuff for the top but I didn't get around to buying that. Instead I decided several green ribbons would work equally well.  Add a simple tag and there you go - job done!

 
Then earlier this week I stamped up those fabby funky flowers onto tissue paper - I am sooooo doing this again! and as good fortune would have it I decided it would be perfect wrapped around a punnet of biscuits.  The tissue paper was a recycled piece that had been in a shoe box from Jessica's new shoes. I salvaged it when I threw the box out and stamped it up just for fun.

 
And inside the plastic punnet?  Can you see this little bunny character?  The kids love these biscuits and I think even Charlie at 10 months old can have a munch on one.  The kids love these biscuits so they'll be happy.
 
And did you happen to notice the bright pink floral background (first shot)?  Yesterday hubby and I got out for a bit of a drive so I could get some fresh air in my wheezy ol' chest.  I often think that the air in our homes, what with central heating and dust doesn't help with chesty colds.  Anyhow we stumbled across a charity shop or two and I found this vintage sheet.  It looks quite modern but the labels tells a different story.  I must be getting close to having enough pink designs by now to finally make a patchwork quilt I should think but I keep collecting.
 
I do have a card I made up as well but I will share that with you at a later date.  Now I'm off for a drive to deliver these goodies.
 
Hope you're all having a great Easter.  Many blessings
 
Suezie

No comments: