Friday, 14 December 2012

Christmas is Coming - Thank Goodness!

Thank goodness Christmas is almost here!  It's been a whirlwind of busy-ness of late and I am on annual leave as of today just so I can catch my breath and get caught up on a few of my own things.

I have had back to back weekends for the past few weeks so it's lovely to know that things are going to be a little less frantic over the next two weeks and also that I will have some time to get much needed projects completed like my friend's wedding place cards, cupcake boxes and cupcakes for starters!


Last weekend I taught a workshop to make these paper baskets with 4 pockets in each.  These are such a quick and easy idea and I haven't actually made any for a couple of years now.  It was nice to revisit this design idea.  Most of the gals were complete beginners so I kept it pretty basic but they still look cute.



Then next up is a Santa hat box idea that I made up to teach in Sunday School the following day.  The kids needed a quick project to fill to give to the residents of a care home and these were just perfect.


Here's the box full all filled with yummy chocolates and ready to go.  This project taught me a valuable lesson though.  I think next time I will teach the leaders how to make up the project and then leave them to it.  It was absolutely MANIC!  There were 4 tables full of kids and only 1 of me to go around. Whew!  Was I glad when it was over LOL.



And then because I have been so strapped for time of late I had to make my daughters cupcakes for her birthday by cheatin'.  I used purchased chocolate, chocolate chip muffins and good ol' Betty Crocker icing coloured pink and flavoured with strawberry.  This was probably just as well as Vic doesn't actually like my super fluffy frosting much so it was all good.


I used a few chocolate sprinkles as an added decoration.  I only managed to make 4 so I didn't even get to try one of these.

Anyhow that's as much as I can blog for now.  We're off to collect a Chinese takeaway for dinner and then pick up the kids to take them to the BRBC Christmas party.  

Roll on next week when everyone gets off to work and I'm left at home to get on with my own projects!

Blessings

Suezie




1 comment:

hotpotato said...

I love your Christmas projects and those cupcakes....yummy!