Thursday, 16 June 2011

Thank You Gift

After seeing this post would you believe me if I told you I was having a bit of a creative block?  This was the last bit of crafting I did a couple of weeks ago and much as I'd like to do more I just can't seem to get started!  Is it the weather I wonder?  Who knows???  But I'm looking for my 'mojo' so if you find it send it my way.

My blog isn't fixed yet - I am simply working on another computer for this post but I did manage to 'call a friend' so hopefully she can sort if for me later this week.

Okay so on to the project.  I needed a thank you for my daughter who came for a visit a couple of weeks ago now and we had a fabby time - shopping, lunching, shopping, catching up on news and more shopping!  And I didn't even mind the sitting around in pokey changing rooms while she tried lots of lovely outfits on either LOL!  She looked stunning in some of them.



I wanted to get a package off to her pretty quick so I dragged out a few craft papers and a paper sack, several WMS stamps and my sewing machine and whipped up a gift and matching card.




The card came first and I used some Tim Holtz/Sizzix die-cut shapes for the chipboard swirl and paper flowers.  Jess had purchased these dies on her previous visit (she's a TH fan) and so they were to hand.  I thought she'd appreciate seeing what I had done with them.  The 'tickets' were Tim Holtz too and were in a craft swap package from my friend Rose (thanks Rose :-) along with the flat back pearls I used.  The ribbon was some spritzed and scrunched binding tape from another friend last year.  I really like how these elements all came together and I love those new WM doily sets too.



I also knew I wanted to do something with one of the Waltzing Mouse larger bunting/pennant stamps and I love stamping on patterned papers so once I'd stamped it up I decided to create a scissor pocket to match the card.  I thought maybe she could put it up in her craft room to keep her favourite pair of scissors to hand.


 
I don't do 'shabby chic' too often.  I don't claim to be very good at it but at least this project proved I can sort of do it when I set my mind to it. All in all I was really happy with the end result and a few days later I got a text from her saying she was thrilled with these - mission accomplished then!


I just wish I could get up and running with another project.  Maybe when (if) my blog gets fixed it'll spur me on.  Even a spot of sewing can't tempt me to craft today - how sad is that?  For now I'm gonna try tidying up a bit in my craft room and then veg out with a movie.  The laundry's done and the kitchen floor can go one more day so I'm pretty much gonna 'chillax' as they say.


Enjoy!  Blessings


Suezie

No comments: