Well my daughter was delighted with her cupcake in a jar - in fact she says she can't bring herself to eat it. Of course I told her she must - it won't keep forever LOL! She told me she has been telling everyone about it and showing it to lots of people - how sweet is that?
Well today I was on a mission to work on the proto-type for an upcoming class in which we will be creating both a cute cupcake stand and a pretty cupcake box to top it off.
This is how the cupcake box is turning out. It has a flip open lid that has been decorated with lots of lovely sheer ruffles and a pretty paper rose on the top.
I still have a few kinks to work out but it's pretty much as it should be when it's complete give or take an adjustment or two.
And this is the cute mini cupcake stand I created. I ran across a US site that sold mini chipboard cupcake stands - flat packed and ready to decorate but I was sure this could be made somehow so after playing around (this is my second attempt) I finally settled on this one. Getting the sizes just right was a bit of trial and error but I'm pleased I got there in the end and thank goodness for nestabilities!
This is the shot looking down at the top of the cupcake box.
I have no idea what colour these will be when I teach the class - I always use scraps for something like this in case it doesn't work and has to be scrapped - but hopefully I can pick out something really pretty. I may stick to plain white for the cupcake stand and go with colours in the cupcake.
I have learnt a thing or two about adhesives whilst making this project too so that needs some careful thought but overall I think this will be a cute class. Let's hope it gets enough interest to run then huh?
I also did some research for inspiration and ideas today for a Waltzing Mouse Workshop I hope to run on 28th May. I am excited to be doing another one of these and I know a few of you have been asking when the next one will be. I will need to start thinking about ordering the stamps pretty soon so if you want on this workshop now is the time to book up. We will be using one of Claire's 'bitty' sets (featured above) and I hope to have treats and prizes on the day too.
All this and Jessica coming to visit means May is likely to be a very busy month for me, especially as I'm now back at work too so I apologise now if I seem to go a bit AWOL here on my blog. I have new WMS stamps to play with (the newest doily ones) but they may just have to wait until Jess' visit cos we're spending the entire week together and there's bound to be a bit of crafting goin on LOL! Can't wait!
Enjoy!
Suezie




1 comment:
oh this is going to be one sweet class to take :) have fun!!!
Post a Comment